If you decide to purchase a skateboard, then you need to be aware of what it is assembled and made. It is important to know that you would not be deceived when buying or that you yourself would collect a skateboard. Skateboards consist of several components. It is important to choose the right components for riding. These components have technical differences for different terrain types and riding styles. In essence, skateboards contain the following components:
1. BOARD, DECK – board made of laminated maple. The deck has a special shape, it is bent across, as well as bent nous and teil (front and back). The standard deck has 7 layers of wood, maybe 6, 8, 9 (on request). All layers are glued and compressed. Also, the bottom of the deck can be covered with a plastic layer (or maybe not). From the top on the deck stick emery. Decks vary in size and length (the length of the board varies from 31 to 33 inches).
– Suspension – metal components, which are screwed onto the bottom of the deck with bolts. The wheels are attached to the suspension. Pendants are used for turning and are adjusted to rotate at different speeds and degrees. It is also important that the sleeves are not too soft.
– wheels made of urethane composite. Diameter up to 55 mm. Also, the wheels are of different rigidity and which ones to choose for you. Soft wheels soften blows and are not as slippery as hard, but they lose speed faster. The wheels are installed on the lead and fixed with nuts. Each wheel has two bearings. Bearings can also be different.
4. RISERS PADS
– linings for suspension. They are needed to ensure that the wheels do not hit the board when cornering, and that would not have cracked the base.
– Sandpaper on one side, with another sticky surface. Usually black, but there are colored. Used to cover the entire board to help do skate tricks.
– part of the suspension. This part of the suspension most suffers from destruction. All grains occur on it. Inside it are the axis on which the wheels are held.
– the lower part of the suspension, which is bolted to the board through four drilled holes. There is also room for a central bolt and a hole for the hanger.
– an axis, or a metal rod, on which the nuts are screwed to fasten the wheels, passes under the hanger.
Central bolt. This is the bolt that holds the heenger, platform and shock absorbers together on your suspension. The most fractious part of skateboard and one of the cheapest. It will be even cheaper if you buy it in a building materials store.
– bearing, or part of the skate
board, in charge of traffic. Two bearings are inserted into each wheel, they are attached to the suspension brackets with nuts. The bushing between the chaffs distributes the load. Bearings come in different levels (from ABEC1 to ABEC7).
– rubber components on the suspension. They are put on the central bolt. Provides regulation and softens the landing. You can buy in different colors and stiffness. Suspension requires 2 shock absorbers, they look like cones with a hole for the central bolt.
– a bush placed inside the wheel between the two bearings. Increases bearing life.
13. AXLE NUT
– the nut on the suspension axle. The suspension requires 2 nuts.
14. AXLE WASHERS
– washers on the suspension axle. The suspension requires 4 washers.
– bolts for suspension, their 4 pieces for each suspension. Needed in order to fix the suspension to the board.